Although I hate to admit, I will probably never go to a place such as Kenya.I've heard so many amazing things about the country from the people in my life who have visited it. I really would like to visit it, but I don't think i'd be able to convince myself to. Alongside the many tales of joyful children and fantastic sights, i've also heard of the many diseases and horrifying insects and animals that can reside there. I've always had a fear of bugs that bite. I think it may be linked to my allergy to spider and mosquito bites. Whenever I would visit a more forested area in BC I would always be swarmed by mosquitos. Well not literally, but I think you get the point. There was one time where I was bitten so much that I couldn't see properly out of my right eye. So i've worried to myself, if mosquitos here do that, what might mosquitos there do.

And then there's the spiders. Oh the spiders. I'm alright with them if they aren't very big, but when they're large it becomes a little more difficult to ignore. On top of that their are quite a few more poisonous spiders in Africa than there are in British Columbia.Something about them just didn't sit well with me.
Again, I would love to see the beautiful scenery and meet these fantastic folks everyone tells me about, but i'm to much of a chicken to go there.
No comments:
Post a Comment