Friday, January 6, 2012

Money to Charities

    If I were given 30,000 dollars I would give it to the following charities. The first charity I would donate to would have to be the Canadian Cancer society. It is a community based organization that fund raises money to go towards eradicating cancer. The society itself also organizes support programs, provides reliable information about cancer and puts their money towards outstanding cancer research.  I have known several people who have either had or have cancer, including one of my good friends, Sam Andrews. She recently organized a talent show to fund raise money for the Cancer Society and most of it was by donation. I would have liked to donate, but I didn't have any money. So I would like to send a large portion of this to them.
http://www.cancer.ca/

The next charity I would donate to is UNICEF. More formally known as the United Nations Children's fund, this charity helps children from around the world in many a different way. They provide schools for countries that otherwise may not be able to afford them. They are largely influential in securing children's right s that are otherwise basic needs for their survival and improving their quality of life. One of my memories from many halloweens spent gathering candy till ten was carrying around a UNICEF box with me wherever I went. I didn't really know why we had to carry the box around and collect spare change, but I did it none the less. To this day I didn't really understand why we gathered money, but since it happened so often, I figured I might as well learn why. When I found out I was happy to give away my imaginary money to them.
http://www.unicef.org/

The final charity I would donate a portion of my money to would be the make a Wish foundation for children. It fulfills the wishes of children who have life- threatening illnesses to help enrich and strengthen their state of living. This is a fantastic idea. I love the thought that we can help a sick childs dreams come true whether it be going and learning how to bake a cake or seeing a famous sports team play and getting to meet them afterwards. I believe that these kids should have something to look forward to. To help them see that their still things to look forward to.
http://www.makeawish.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment