Monday, September 26, 2011

My favourite quotes

-"Consider the following. We humans are social beings. We come into the world as the result of other's actions. We survive here in dependence on others. Whether we like it or not,  there is hardly a moment of our lives when we do not benefit from other's activities. For this reason it is hardly surprising that most of our happiness arises in the context of our relationship with others." - Dali Lama

-"A government thats robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
   - George Bernard Shaw

-"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe."
  - Albert Einstein

-The Lorax: Well, Mr. Once-ler? 
The Once-ler: Hmm. First the poor Bar-ba-loots. Then the poor Swommee-Swans. Now the poor Humming Fish... oh, Mr. Lorax, Mr. Lorax... this cursed factory of mine! Now, at last, I understand. 
Ms. Funce-ler: [over intercom] Mr. Once-ler! Mr. Once-ler! 
The Once-ler: Hmm? Oh, yes, Ms. Funce-ler? 
Ms. Funce-ler: Stock markets just closed, and Thneeds Inc. stock is up! Up 27 and 5/8 points! 
The Once-ler: Wow. Wow! Rowdy-dow! 
[to Lorax] 
The Once-ler: Now, you listen to me, Pop, while I blow my top! Trees? Ha! You speak for the trees? Well I speak for men, and human opportunities! For your information, you Lorax, I'm figgering on biggering and biggering, and biggering, and BIGGERING, turning MORE truffula trees into thneeds! Which everyone, everyone, EVERYONE NEEDS!

- " Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

-" I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: Let the Wookie win."
   C-3PO

- " When in doubt, spazz out!" 
       Kelsey Herbert 

- " People can have the model "T" in any color - as long as it's black."
     Henry Ford

- " History is written by the victors"
    Winston Churchill


- "A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely."
          Pam Brown

- "Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
        Mark Twain

- "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young."
       Henry Ford

- "Every man dies. Not every man really lives. " 
           William Wallace

- "Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."
  Thomas Jefferson

- "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But, you can either run from it, or learn from it."
    Rafiki from The Lion King

- "Life is a B Movie: it's stupid and it's strange, it's a directionless story, the dialogue is lame, but in the 'he said she said' sometimes there's some poetry, if you turn your back long enough and let it happen naturally.
        Ani Difranco


- "Acting means living, it's all I do and all I'm good at. If I weren't getting paid well, I would still be acting in a small troupe somewhere."
           Morgan Freeman

-"Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant."
           Socrates

-"A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading."
               C.S Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment