Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Educational/Inspiring films EVERYONE should see

1. The Lorax
 This has to be one of my most favorite educational movies of all time! It has an incredibly strong message and in my opinion is very much overlooked. Far to many people dismiss this as a simple children's show and this includes both adults and children. It's as if they don't believe that our world will end up the way the world of the Lorax has when it is very much heading in that direction. Animals are being chased out of their homes by our massive machines of destruction. Forests are being chopped down like their so easily replaceable. Ponds, lakes, rivers, and even oceans are being filled with muck, toxic waste, and oil. Yet people remain oblivious, and many of the people who have noticed these terrible things going on around us have decided to remain idle and do nothing!

2. Pay It Forward
 Alright, So aside from being an amazing movie this film has an important message that I believe we should all pay great attention to. The idea of paying forward is something I think we should all follow. If it really is as simple as helping someone and asking for nothing in return, only asking that they do something good for another, why doesn't it happen more often. Maybe it does and i'm just never around to see it, but it's not evident to me. This movie will make you laugh, make you cry, and make you think all at once. I reccomend it to all people from all walks of life.

3. The Planet Earth Series
 You really can't get much more educational than this can you? This entire series of documentaries is dedicated solely to teaching the populace about the planet on which we live. It spans from learning about the marine life filling the ocean to the massive herds of animals spanning across continents. You join teams of explorers who spend months, sometimes years, at a time studying a biome or family of creatures. You are brought through massive caves, recently untouched by man, sent deep down into the murky depths of the world's oceans. It's a fantastic visual experience and I suggest all people who read this blog to find a copy of this and watch it.

4. The Bucket List
Aside from the fact that this film includes a Morgan Freeman narration (Always amazing), this is an awe inspiring story. It makes me want to go and write my own bucket list that I can fulfill throughout my life. I think it also shows you that the best things in life aren't the material things that we may want or ask for, but the experiences we have with those we care for. Thinking about it, I would rather go hang out with my friends and do something than sit at home mindlessely watching t.v. Would you?

5. The Pursuit of Happyness
This is a story based of one mans stuggle with near homelessness for alomost an entire year. I almost feel as if i'm watching some sort of fairytale when I watch this movie.  Its the kind of show that you enjoy, but something about it keeps you thinking about it. You're not quite sure what it is that makes you think about so much, but you still do. This is an uplifiting film and again, I would reccomend it to all viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment