Monday, September 26, 2011

Journal Posts

Sept. 18th, 2011
       Today I realized that I have a very busy week ahead of me. Not only do I have to figure out what exactly i'm going to teach in my class on Tuesday, but I also have homework, rehearsal for smile, rehearsal for Showstoppers, a birthday to attend and have to find a song for my school choreography. Mind you, I already knew about at least half of that! The word of the day is Relaxed! This has been the first day in the past two weeks that i've actually been allowed to sit down and just do nothing. I have no dance, no theatre, and don't have to worry about doing my homework till the weekend. I plan to play some games, maybe catch up on some of the t.v shows i've missed and take frequent naps! What surprised me is how often we tend to be like characters in books that we often see as flawed. As an example, Lenina in "Brave New World." She's quite shallow and very prejudice thanks to her conditioning, but many of us find ourselves being the same, though we'd rather not admit it. We will often base our idea's and opinions on someone at first meeting by how they look. If a man has dirt smudged on his face, wears a worn out trench coat or torn clothes we automatically assume he is poor or worse, homeless. In reality he could just be a construction worker who wears worn down clothes so to not ruin the clothes he actually likes. I'm going to make a conscious effort to avoid basing my opinions off of someone's looks. Instead i'll actually talk to them before forming any sort of opinion. There are definetly many times I have based an opinion on someone based on their appearance, though I don't like to admit it. And of course i'm wrong almost 90% of the time. I'm left with a couple questions this week. How on earth do I find a song that I can relate Charlie Chaplin to and tap to that same song? When will I get used to my new schedule?

October 10th, 2011
    So the long weekend has finally ended! I've spent the last few days up at my grandparents place and it was great. I haven't felt this relaxed and well rested since the beginning of summer! I've been able to sleep in everyday totally undisturbed by city noises and telephones ringing signaling the time for school. My grandparents live up on Big Bar road just past Clinton. Now most people don't know where this is and to be frank neither do I. I swear they live in the middle of nowhere! I can find several people that would agree, including their neighbours! I've come to realize how noisy the city truly is. When I walk outside in the morning to walk to the car I hear birds, cars, other people, honking, phones and a menagerie of other sounds. When I walk outside in the morning at my grandparents home there is nothing. Other than the odd gust of wind, or a solitary bird chirping, all there is is pure, golden silence. My word today would have to be sleep. I haven't had this much sleep in quite awhile. Not only did I get a lot of sleep ,but it was deep sleep. I slept so soundly that I dump truck right outside my window wouldn't have woken me up.  I learnt how to operate a chainsaw over the weekend, but thats not really the important part. The important part is that after seeing my grandpa and father both use the chainsaw I saw that everyone does things differently. My father said that you should always use the chainsaw this way with this part of the blade, but then my grandfather went and did it completely differently!  I'm going to start watching for this kind of thing more often! I'm interested to see how people doing things differently than me.  Questions i'm left with from the weekend. My first question is what is the recipe to my grandma's chocolate chip cookies. My second question would be can we survive without technology?
 
   October 31st, 2011
      Well Halloween has come to an end and all the trick or treaters have returned to their homes. Mind you I find this kind of dissapointing. I remember when I was younger and actually still went trick or treating  I would start at six and wouldn't end until ten! I knew all the best houses to go to. I also knew that the later you stayed out the more candy you got from houses. But now kids seem to get off of the streets by nine o'clock, running home to devour some candy. My word today would have to be thrilled. Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday. I've loved it since the day I learned that I get free candy for dressing up in a scary costume. The only problem I had with today was the serious lack of trick or treaters! I remember back in my day our street was absolutely packed with people, but nowadays we're lucky to get just over fifty kids coming to our house. Other than that it has been a great week and holiday. Don't have any questions today so I guess i'll finish off this entry now.

      November 26th, 2011
      Wow! It's certainly been awhile since i've updated this one. I might aswell start with something interesting. Today was the greycup parade in which the showstoppers group performed. We had to arrive early this morning to make sure we were completely prepared for the parade. I cannot tell you how much I hate the journey from Adergrove to Vancouver. It's long, tiring and a little sketchy to be honest. I can handle the skytrain just fine, but some of the areas we have to pass through just don't sit right with me. It looked like it was going to be a half decent day for a parade on our way in. And then it came. It started as a gradual drizzle coming from the sky. But then it become an absolute downpour! Terrible weather for a parade in my opinion. So my word for today is soaked! I don't think i've ever been quite that wet before in my life. Usually i'd get out of the rain but the show had to go on!On the bright side, we were  on t.v. We got to meet Cory Monteith, and even better we met Gene Simmons! But the greycup parade was not the best part of my day. Finally, after waiting for four weeks, my tap shoes finally came in. Custom made, k360, triple stacked capezio tap shoes made just for me! I don't think i've felt this happy in ages! In fact, i'm still just as giddy as when I first put them on around three.... it is now eleven o'clock at night. Question I have for this week and today. How long does it take to make tap shoes? Why is British Columbian weather always so terrible on the most opportune of days?

    December 2, 2011

Alright, not to long till the winter break now. I cannot wait till we get a break and I can finally get some rest! I could definetly use the sleep that is to come, but for now I have to remain focused on my work. Considering how close we are to the holidays i'm finding this task increasingly difficult. There's quite a bit going on within the next few weeks! Tests, projects due, new studies to give out, all within the time between now and the break. I don't how on earth we could possibly fit everything but we will just the same. The showstoppers are performing in the Santa Claus parade in a few days so that should be fun, just as long as the weather doesn't go crazy on us again. I'm starting to feel like I just have bad luck with parades! Im not sure I like walking forward then stopping anyways! I'd much rather just do a show on a stage than walk through the parade. Well thats it for big events for today, nothing much else new going anytime soon. My questions for today are; Will it ever snow in the valley, how will the weather be on sunday, and whats a better way to organize myself and get more done in a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment